- Building Materials
- Bricks & Blocks
- Bricklaying Accessories
- Plaster & Plasterboard
- Civils & Drainage
- Builder Metalwork
- Building Chemicals
- Timber & Sheet Materials
- Sawn Timber
- Sheet Materials
- Planed Timber
- Fencing & Trelis
- Gates & Railings
- Decorative Timber
- Timber Cladding
- Timber Sleepers
- Gardens & Landscaping
- Paving & Walling
- Fencing & Trelis
- Garden Buildings
- Gates & Railings
- Water Storage
- Lawns, Planting & Growing
- Garden Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Timber Sleepers
- Decorative Stones & Gravel
- Rooflights /Bi Folding Doors
Delivery information& Returns
Please note the following information refers to orders made online only.
Can I have my goods delivered?
Yes, we will happily deliver to your chosen address within Great Britain unless your postcode sits within our delivery exceptions below.
The post codes which we currently do not deliver to are:
AB35 5, AB36 8, EH43 6, EH44 6, EH45 6, EH45 8, EH45 9, EH46 7, EH55 8, G630, G639, G830, G833, G837, G838, G839, G840, G844, G847, G848, G849, IV21 2, IV22 2, IV26 2, IV27 4, IV27 9, IV41 8, IV42 8, IV43 8, IV52 8, IV53 8, IV54 8, KW11 6, KA15 1, KA15 2, KA15 9, KA16 9, KA17 0, KA25 6, KA25 7, KA25 9, KA26 0, KA26 9, KA30 0, KA30 8, KA30 9, KA27 8, KA27 9, KA28 0, KA28 9, KW15 1, KW15 9, KW16 3, KW16 9, KW17 2, PA20 0, PA20 8, PA20 9, PA21 2, PA23 7, PA23 8, PA23 9, PA41 7, PH16 5, PH16 9, PH17 2, PH18 5, PH19 1, PH31 4, PH33 6, PH33 7, PH33 9, PH36 4, PH37 4, PH38 4, PH39 4, PH40 4, PH41 2, PH41 4, PH49 4, PH50 4, ZE10, ZE19, ZE29, ZE39.
- When can I expect my order to be delivered?
- Cut off Time Examples:
The ‘2 – 3 Days’ also refers to 2 – 3 Working Days delivery; the cut off time is 12 pm so if an order is placed before 12 pm on Monday you will receive your goods on Wednesday or Thursday. If the order is placed after 12 pm the goods will be delivered on Thursday or Friday.
Working Days Explained:
Working days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday (excluding any bank or national holidays) Any order placed on Saturday, Sunday or a bank or national holiday cannot be processed until the first working day after that and therefore will be treated as if ordered on that day. For example, an order placed on Saturday is treated as if it was ordered on Monday (unless Monday is a bank or national holiday) at 8 am.
- How much do you charge for delivery?
- Standard deliveries are made Monday to Friday during standard working hours 8 am to 5 pm. On occasions deliveries will be made earlier than this, should it be an issue please contact the office. Weekend deliveries can be organised by request and subject to an additional delivery charge. Due to the number of products, we sell not all orders will turn up on the same vehicle if this is an issue, please notify us in advance
- Delivery Times – Due to the size and volume of the type of products we sell we are unable to guarantee delivery times. We will request drivers to call in advance, this will be a request and not a guarantee of calling.
- Failed Delivery – In the event of a failed delivery charges may apply.
- Delivery charges apply*
- £0-100 = £30
- £150-350 = £20
- £350-500 = free
This will be calculated at the Basket stage.
- A mobile or landline number must be provided at a delivery point.
- Delivery Address – Drop off point is the nearest accessible roadside to the delivery address provided.
- Taking Delivery – You must ensure the address has someone there to accept delivery and assist the driver with bulky and difficult items such as plasterboard.
- Delivery Access – A large lorry may make your delivery. This may cause problems when trying to offload. If you believe that there could be an issue, please contact us prior to ordering.
- Should the value of goods be less than £50.00 plus delivery we reserved the right not to accept the order and on occasions like this we will refund in full
- We have collection points in all major towns and cities.
- Each location stocks a wide variety of products.
- If you want to collect a product, contact the sales office to find out the nearest collection point before placing your order.
- When your order has been placed, we will confirm by phone or email the full address of the collection point.
- Note – We do not have every single product in every single location
The risk in goods shall pass to the purchaser on delivery.
Building-Materials will dispatch goods direct to a third party or site at the purchaser’s request. In such an event, risk is passed to the purchaser.
SHORTAGES & DAMAGES
In the unlikely event that products (including special order and made-to-measure items) are delivered damaged or there are any shortages, Build-Materials must be notified in writing within 3 working days from receipt of delivery. We will then exchange the item(s) or provide a full refund, including any carriage charges.
We reserve the right to inspect all returned products prior to agreeing to any part-refund, full refund, or product exchange.
Once products have been inspected, any refunds due will be paid back into the account the purchase was made from by the next working day.
Build-Materials will not pay any return costs for goods that have been shipped by a third party to a non-mainland destination. Any errors can only be rectified from the mainland location the original delivery went to. The forwarding agent would be responsible for checking any goods before they are delivery to the end user.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
If within 14 working days from the receipt of order the purchaser decides to return goods because they are no longer required Build-Materials will provide a refund minus a 25% restocking fee and any associated costs in collecting the goods.
We reserve the right to inspect all returned products prior to agreeing to any refund to confirm that they are in a re-saleable condition.
Special order and made-to-measure products may NOT be returned unless they are deemed to be faulty or have been damaged in transit. (Please see details above concerning the return of damaged products).
If quantities have been worked out for any job, this has been done as a gesture of goodwill and it is up to the buyer to make sure they’re happy with the details before proceeding with a purchase. No responsibility can be taken by Build-Materials for any goods being returned in such an instance.
PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO STORAGE REQUIREMENTS, PERISHABLE PRODUCTS SUCH AS CEMENT AND PLASTER CANNOT BE RETURNED.
Once products have been inspected, any refunds due will be paid back into the account the purchase was made from. This can take up to 3 – 4 working days depending on the card providers.